Top 10 Reasons Kids Should Learn to Code
1. Math: Coding helps kids visualize abstract concepts, lets them apply math to real-world situations, and makes math fun and creative!
2. Writing: Kids who code understand the value of concision and planning, which result in better writing skills.
3. Creativity: Kids learn through experimentation and strengthen their brains when they code.
4. Confidence: Parents report that their kid's confidence increases as they learn to problem-solve through coding!
5. Focus and Organization: As they write more complicated code, kids develop better focus and organization.
6. Resilience: With coding comes debugging – and there’s no better way to build perseverance and resilience than working through challenges!
7. Communication: Coding teaches logical communication, strengthening both verbal and written skills. Learning code means learning a new language!
8. Empowerment: Kids are empowered to make a difference when they code!
9. Life Skills: Coding is basic literacy in the digital age, and it’s important for kids to understand – and be able to innovate with – the technology around them.
10. Career Preparation: There’s a high demand for workers in the tech industry; mastering coding at a young age allows kids to excel in any field they choose!